Who we are
Searidge Foundation is a non-profit residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre located in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, that aspires to support, challenge and inspire individuals struggling with addiction dependencies. Searidge was founded to meet the needs for a drug and alcohol rehab centre that provides an elevated level of quality to recovery, at an affordable cost. We provide clients with an alternative to 12-step programs, centered on cognitive behavioural therapy and psychotherapy. We take pride in limiting our drug rehab center to 12 residents in order to maintain our consistently excellent level of quality through highly individualized recovery programs, consisting of a comprehensive program that supports and guides our residents and their families through the recovery process: from detox, therapy and co-occurring disorder treatment for periods of 30, 60, or 90 days, and 1 year of aftercare.
Searidge Foundation is looking to hire a full-time addictions counsellor who will competently manage and work therapeutically with a diverse population, playing a critical role in assisting patients achieve recovery.
This position duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading both group and individual therapeutic sessions
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping, and complete intake and discharge forms as needed
- Maintaining safe, healthy and therapeutic environment for all residents
- Provide appropriate professional understanding and intervention in response to emotional and behavioural needs of clients
- Maintain established routines and procedures within the facility
- Assist residents to establish and achieve individualized goals
- Maintain confidentiality of residents
- Participate in staff meetings as required
- Exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Complete all necessary documentation, including written records/reports
- Comply with provincial, federal, and organizational health and safety standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
A Master’s degree in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work with a focus on therapeutic counselling and two years of relevant therapeutic counselling experience in the fields of addiction and mental health. Experience in a residential addiction treatment centre is a desirable asset.
The incoming counsellor’s previous experience should include clinically supervised education or work experience (therapeutic counselling experience under a qualified clinical counselling supervisor) that includes at least 500 hours, where at least 120 of these hours are direct client contact.
***To apply please attach your resume and cover letter***
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$29.00 per hour