ALCANNA is a premium retailer of wine, beer, spirits and cannabis and operates 260+ retail stores under Ace Discount Liquors, Wine and Beyond, Liquor Depot and Nova Cannabis.
About The Role
We are currently looking for friendly, outgoing, and customer service driven individuals to join our team as Sales Associates at our Liquor Depot Stony Plain location!
Address: 4300 S Park Dr #180, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 2W7
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide exemplary customer service to every person who walks into our store, understand customer needs and instill a customer mindset within the store, participates in stocking and merchandising of store; ensuring store is stocked and ready to serve our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service driven, friendly, willing to talk to all customers
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Greet customers when they enter the store and take customer to product when required
- Generate sales by educating, advising and suggesting products to every customer
- Maintain a high level of service and product knowledge by completing all training within required timeline
- Escort customer from store and/or offer car service when appropriate
- Complete customer transactions on the Point-of-Sale (POS) device, including payment
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all opening & closing procedures are done correctly (when applicable)
- Complete end of day till reports (when applicable)
- Ensure safe is locked at all times and deposits are secured (when applicable)
Day to Day Operations
- Perform all opening and closing procedures (when applicable)
- Stock shelves and cooler with product
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Participate in routine store maintenance and cleaning
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ensure that OHS, LP, ProServe and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Maintain First-Aid, LP and OHS Training
- Maintain ProServe Certification
- Ensure AGLC other government guidelines are met
- Adheres to all ALCANNA policies, with a focus on Social Responsibility
- Minimum, 1-year experience in retail environment (preferred, not required)
- Previous liquor-related experience considered an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ProServe Certification
- First-Aid Certificate is considered an asset
- Training in wine/beer/spirits (preferred, not required)
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for an extended period
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong sales background
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to pass a Background Check
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Why Work With Us?
At Liquor Depot we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
- With hundreds of locations throughout Alberta & British Columbia, there's a convenient location near you.
COVID Safety Measures
We are currently seeking new team members to help service our customers in these unprecedented times. Across all ALCANNA locations, we are taking the necessary safety measures to ensure our employees and customers are offered a safe working environment and shopping experience.
These measures include (but are not limited to):
- Masks/face shields are expected to be worn by employees in all ALCANNA locations. ALCANNA follows local bylaws and urges customers to wear a mask while shopping in our stores.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting protocols are mandatory and in place at all stores, with high-touch surfaces being cleaned on an ongoing basis throughout the day.
- Having plexiglass shields installed at tills in all stores to provide team members working at the tills an extra barrier between them and our customers.
- Providing hand sanitizer to all stores, and gloves for any team member wanting to wear them.
- Prominent signage requiring social distancing and informing customers with symptoms not to enter the store.
- No longer allowing public use of washrooms, product returns, or reusable bags.
- ALCANNA has a company-wide COVID-19 hotline and incident reporting protocol, with direct support from HR and the COVID-19 Response Team for our employees.
- Restricted hours of operation in some locations.
How To Apply
Please note that ALCANNA assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, ALCANNA reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply. You are able to upload your resume, if you'd like.
Thanks for considering a position with us! Cheers!
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-12
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service : 1 year (Preferred)
- Stony Plain, AB (Preferred)