Landscape Carpenter Assistant
In King City
$22-$27 per hour (commensurate on experience and abilities)
Who are we?
- An award-winning landscape design and construction company based in King City. We are situated between Hwy 400 and Hwy 404 about 40 minutes from Toronto.
- Established in 2007, Genus Loci serves York Region, the GTA, and beyond.
- Leadership in ecological landscaping, with an emphasis on “Fusion” landscapes and ecological restoration.
- We provide a full spectrum of services including design, hardscaping, soft scaping, specializing in ecological approaches and green technologies.
- We are a winning team that promotes creativity, problem solving, communication and personal responsibility in a safe and inclusive work environment.
- We believe our team’s capability and strength is enhanced by recognizing and utilizing the abilities and strengths of each individual, by offering ongoing training and professional development to broaden skillsets, and by tapping into every worker’s underutilized skills.
- We believe in the power of setting goals as a company, as a crew, as individuals, and celebrating achievements.
Genus Loci is growing, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team and grow professionally with us. Join our team and discover the Genus Loci difference!
Landscape Carpenter Assistant
- Working a variety of landscape carpentry projects from provided plans to completion in a timely manner.
- Supporting lead carpenter as a 2-person team.
- This position involves working 45-50-hour work weeks, with some scheduled Saturdays split between the spring and fall.
- This position requires a commitment to a safe workplace, and familiarity with the Workplace Safety Act.
- You will be required to get to and from our King City office by your own means of transportation.
- Mobilizing from our office to job sites will be with company vehicles on paid time.
Why join our team?
Great Work Culture
- We believe good things happen when you enjoy your work.
- Our goal is to create a constructive, respectful, and inclusive work environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving and a sense of purpose.
- Participate in the construction of outstanding, often ecologically focused projects.
- During team meeting at the beginning of projects and throughout, all employees are encouraged to contribute so voices are heard.
- Be a part of a team that believes in making work fun, with summer BBQs and lunches to celebrate achievements with your team.
- We believe in the power of setting goals as a company, a crew, and as individuals, and celebrating achievements.
- We offer each employee a personalized professional development and advancement strategy at the start of your employment making advancing to new positions and compensation levels clear.
- We offer ongoing goalsetting to strive for new skills and track your progress.
- We provide a personalized education allowance for participating in Landscape Ontario training seminars, encouraging professional development and skill advancement.
- Because we are a relatively small company, support is always close by, and we work as a tightly knit team.
- Design is completed in our own offices so you will receive thorough explanations and guidance on projects.
- A designated project manager means projects are organized, well communicated, and efficient.
- 3 years+ in carpentry
- Experience with carpentry power tools
- Class G or higher license
- Willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Teamwork and communication skills
Additional Assets include
- Leadership experience
- Composite and PVC decking experience
- Plan and blueprint reading experience
We believe in competitive compensation through wages and perks that reflect experience, skills, leadership, and dedication
- Full-time seasonal wages, with opportunity to participate in an EI top up program off-season
- Steady hours with overtime pay
- Training and professional development on the job and through Landscape Ontario seminars
- Travel time pay structure
- Great work culture and job satisfaction
- Management Support and feedback
- Optional health benefits program
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Landscape Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 2 years (Required)