Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is currently looking for a Journeyman Oil Heat System Technician to join their Maintenance and Services team in Rankin Inlet, NU!
The Oil Heat System Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining oil burning heating systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. The successful candidate will work in cooperation with other trades and labourers to ensure that all specifications, legislation and policies are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any project. Providing adequate services will ensure that heating systems and components are installed, repaired and maintained to meet all standards of building codes and safety. This position may be required to travel to various other communities in Nunavut.
This is a permanent, full-time position on a rotation schedule of six (6) weeks on, two (2) weeks off.
This position may be required to travel to various other communities in Nunavut.
- Heating, plumbing and renovation work in accordance with work orders, plans or specifications,
- Installation of oil-fired systems,
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners,
- Assemble oil burner heating systems components,
- Test installed units and adjust controls for proper functioning,
- Perform preventative maintenance work on motors, pumps, control devices, boilers, forced air furnaces, and oil-fired hot water tanks,
- Completion of work order forms, detailing work performed and materials used, assist in inventory and stock control, and compiling of supply orders,
- Supervision/training of apprentices as required,
- Be on call-out team to handle emergencies,
- Carpentry work as required,
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Red Seal Certification with minimum of 5 years of experience
- Must be a self starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
- Must be flexible with good judgement delivering high level of efficiency and proficiency
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional demeanour
- Strong client focus with demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Must have a strong work ethic and be reliable
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to pass the required background and credit checks
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and resume to our website at: www.eskimopointlumber.com/careers/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is a Nunavut based retailer and distributor that provides goods and services to the Kivalliq region. Our core values are based on honesty, hard work and service to the community. We are proud to provide support and opportunities to the Inuit communities in which we are based. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eskimopointlumber.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $38.00 per hour (Dependent on Qualifications)
- Travel to and from a major city during rotations are covered
- Staff Housing
- Northern allowance
- Group benefits – life insurance, disability, extended health, and dental
- Future development opportunities
… and much more!
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Salary: $38.00 /hour
- Oil Heat System Technician: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Red Seal Journeyman Oil Heat System Technician (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)