CASUAL SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Bulletin No. 24OS-006
School Bus Drivers (Casual)
2057 Camsell Avenue 4.25 hours per day
East St. Paul, MB R2E 1G2
Effective September 2023
The River East Transcona School Division, Transportation Department is presently recruiting school bus drivers to work on a casual basis, a minimum of 4.25 hours per day. Under the supervision of the Director of Transportation, a school bus driver ensures the safe and systematic transportation of students to and from school and other school related activities according to the procedures laid down by the Province of Manitoba and the River East Transcona School Division.
- Valid Class 2 license and School Bus Operators’ Certificate (will train suitable applicants who possess a Class 5 license with a 5-year clear driver’s abstract)
- A clear driver’s abstract for the past 5 years is required with the application
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise passengers under care
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant, courteous and effective manner
- Experience supervising large groups of children would be an asset
- Must respect confidentiality of work
- External applicants, upon hire, must supply a cleared Criminal Record Search, and Child Abuse Registry check
Candidates are responsible for providing a clear and accurate resume that demonstrates how they meet the qualifications outlined in the job posting.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled
Salary (as per collective agreement): Currently $26.35 per hour
River East Transcona School Division supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments. We aim to employ a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we work and serve. Indigenous peoples, persons who are differently abled, women, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, and members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, beliefs, or place of origin are encouraged to apply and to identify their employment equity status in their cover letter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic. RETSD will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are disabled and who may experience barriers during the interview and assessment process, upon request.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $26.35 per hour
Work Location: In person