Great opportunity to establish yourself with a growing company!
About Country Lumber:
A family-run company that began in 1981 with 2 employees, Country Lumber is now home to over 130 knowledgeable employees. With the simple goal of providing unparalleled service to our great community, we are proud to provide our clients with the comfort of working with friendly and familiar faces, project after project.
We have long-standing roots in our community. As the Lower Mainland has grown, so have we. With the same focus today as when we began, Country Lumber is dedicated to delivering high quality, sustainable products at competitive prices. This along with our valued relationships with our customers and vendors has allowed us to grow to where we are today.
Country Lumber is not a big corporate conglomerate. We're a locally owned and operated business - a proud Canadian company. With some of our client relationships going back over 30 years, we know it's our dedication to exceptional service that keeps our customers coming back year after year.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities / Position Overview:
The Sales Counter Associate is responsible for conducting all sales functions in a professional manner for counter customers by providing prompt and efficient service to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, with the ability to deal with conflict management.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude with customers by developing professional relationships.
- Assess customer needs and provide expert advice on our products.
- Communicate effectively with customers, store associates and management to exceed all client sales and service expectations.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude with team members, customers, store associates and managers.
- Follow up on orders and answering phone calls.
- Must keep up to date with all new products and their technical applications.
- Record and complete transactions with sales orders.
- Comply with company policies and procedures regarding loss preventions and breakage of goods.
- Adhere to company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Experience:
- Knowledge in lumber and building materials - required.
- Experience in customer service - an asset, but not required.
- Languages: Fluent in Punjabi and/or Hindi – an asset, but not required.
- Enjoys working with people, exhibits a positive attitude, and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, excellent problem-solving skills and proficient computer skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to operational needs and deadlines.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency and drive, able to set priorities and deliver results within deadlines, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Autonomous and dependable, while working in a team and contributing to the overall company goals.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for an hour, or more, at a time.
- Ability to lift items weighing 3 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Availability: 5 days per week, Monday through Saturday, during store hours.
- ***Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 6:00am to 5:30pm; Saturdays: 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Benefits and RRSP match after 3 months’ probation is successfully completed.
- Candidates that are selected for further review will be contacted by email or phone detailing specifics of our competitive compensation package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Why do you want to work for Country Lumber?
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- construction/building material: 1 year (preferred)