Job Title: Quality Control Analyst
Location: Belleville, ON
The Quality Control Analyst position is responsible for maintaining food safety and quality standards. The role supports the production team in quality improvement initiatives, tracks, trends and reports customer feedback and production data. This position conducts plant inspections and performs environmental testing to ensure all established requirements are adhered to.
Critical Success Factors:
- Provide quality key performance indicator (KPI’s) results to the team in order to increase communication between departments, maintaining a high standard and focus on quality performance.
- Through cross functional collaboration establish root-cause(s) and determine necessary corrective action to support quality non-compliance issues.
- Manage customer feedback by tracking, trending and reporting results of complaints. Investigate and respond to customer complaints, reporting concerns to production, while supporting corrective actions.
- Promote the implementation of both corporate and site quality improvement initiatives to improve product quality.
- Complete Microbiological and Sensory analysis of finished products according to approved standard operating procedures to verify product compliance.
- Perform various quality management related tasks (example GMP audits, PCO program, Weight Control) to support/maintain our CFIA, HACCP accreditation, Lactalis Quality Management System, and GFSI FSSC program.
- Revise operating procedures and supporting documentation to adhere to company quality standards.
- Administer the plant’s Environmental Monitoring and Water Quality programs (sampling, testing, recording and evaluating data) in compliance with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and/or Ministry of the Environment operational requirements.
- Perform administrative duties and maintain records, forms and database logs for historical information and auditing purposes.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- University or College degree in Food Science or related field
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word , Excel, Access)
- Working knowledge of business software SAP is an asset
- Dedicated and results driven
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong communication skills are a key requirement (verbal/ written)
- Intermediate knowledge of HACCP and Quality Management programs
Lactalis is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Lactalis strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Lactalis is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program