DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values:
Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for Raise Bore Helpers for various projects in Quebec, including Fly-in, Fly-out (FIFO) rotations. Reporting to the Raise Bore Supervisor, the Raise Bore Helper will support the Raise Bore team for the operation of Raise Bore activities in a safe and efficient manner. This role requires flexibility to travel to other project locations, as required.
- Follow rules related to safety standards and practices before, during and after work
- Conduct pre-start checks of work area and equipment
- Assist operators and team in the operation of Raise Bore activities
- Practice good housekeeping (maintaining a clean work area, storage of materials and spare parts)
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Ontario Common Core modules and / or the Quebec FMTM modular training program
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in operation of machinery
- Proven ability to recognize and follow verbal and written instructions; Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Able to work rotation; day and night shifts
- Able and willing to travel as required
- Valid drivers license required
- Long Hole experience is an asset
- No external recruiters please.
- The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.