Position: Halm Jet Press Operator
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: North York, ON
Operate and maintain printing press, maintain accurate envelope count. Additional responsibilities include ink mixing, colour matching, proofing, testing, routine maintenance.
- Operate the Halm Jet Press (envelopes) press to produce printed material to specifications
- Knowledge of Heidelberg QM an asset
- Maintain quality and color density throughout runs
- Keep all work area and equipment clean
- Interpret Dockets
- Enter daily print work into log at the end of each shift
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs as required
- Practice good housekeeping daily
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with all DCM, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5 years industry knowledge of the printing process and ink formulation is preferred
- Ability to interpret and comprehend information from job specification sheets
- Attention to detail and willingness to take initiative.
- Must be good with problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Safety shoes required (company reimbursed)
Data Communications Management Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity, employs and does not discriminate against all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap, or any other classification protected by applicable federal and provincial laws. We invite resumes from all qualified applicants. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation.
DCM would like to thank all applicants, however only those candidates qualified will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M4A 1H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person