wm+a is dedicated to supporting individuals with complex and unique needs. We are looking for dedicated and skilled Child & Youth Workers / Behaviour Specialists with mid to advanced level of experience to join our team. As part of our wm+a network of Independent Contractors you have the option to coordinate your availability and area of work interest as it meets your needs and that of the people we support.
WORK AVAILABLE: Weekdays, Days/Evenings and weekends
LOCATIONS: GTHA (Toronto, Peel, Halton, York Regions)
REQUIRED: Diploma in CYW, DSW, BST or B.A. in related discipline
SETTINGS: School, Residential and Respite Support & / or Family Homes
@ wm+a you have:
- Flexibility of work: work options based on your availability
- Commitment: 24 hour access to support when needed
- Technical infrastructure: virtual service coordination; online scheduling and CRM system
- Professional development: clinical training opportunities: ABA, OCD, ADHD, ODD, FASD and more!
- Recognized credential: RBT (Registered Behaviour Technician) 40 hour online training available to active associates
- Available mandatory trainings: CPI, SMG and UMAB
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 full years of experience with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health Disorders and / or Dual Diagnosis
- Must have Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline(CYW, DSW, BA, BST)
- Strong experience working with complex special needs population (with behavioural challenges)
- Ability to work independently following a client BSP; critical thinking and sound decision making ability
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/data collection is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required; current VPC accepted within the last 6 months
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required
Who we are:
wm+a provides specialized behaviour-based services to individuals with complex needs; Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dual Diagnosis, and Mental Health throughout the GTHA and surrounding areas. We are looking for skilled, professional and value-focused Child & Youth Workers / Behaviour Support Specialists who in addition to their strong skills have a track record of demonstrated committed, a strong work ethic and value professional growth.
Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
Implementing client specific goals and ISP/BSP; teaching based on principals of ABA and other evidence-based practices
Work with client in their setting: residential, schools/day programs; hospitals and health care setting; family or independent living home; and the community at large
Collect, manage and analyze data/ daily documentation relevant to the clients’ specific programs and goals; participate/contribute to case coordination and multi-disciplinary service dialogue.
To apply directly to wm+a for this position, please go to www.wmanda.com/Careers/
and click the "Child & Youth Worker / Behaviour Specialist" position.
@ wm+a we make a difference.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates who meet the qualifications for this role will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
PPE required / can be provided if neccessary.
- Direct Support / Front Line: 2 years (preferred)