Shawnigan Lake School is looking for a Web Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a world class facility alongside inspirational staff and students on a beautiful campus.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Web Coordinator will work as part of a team to present communications content through the School’s website and social media platforms. This position will serve a key role in developing and maintaining strong working relationships between the School’s Communications and IT Departments.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an attractive benefits package after three months. The selection process will favour candidates with a strong background in design for digital marketing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, manage, and track content published to the School’s web properties, ensuring consistency, brand conformity, and a positive and responsive user experience
- Assist with the day-to-day website inquiries and requests directed to the Communications Department
- Prioritize web-related activities and tasks according to School and Communications Department objectives
- With a focus on functionality and aesthetics, create effective style sheets for writers and photographers to upload content
- Integrate dynamic website elements into a variety of existing marketing materials and channels, including the Annual Fund Brochure, the Annual Report, Black & Gold Magazine, YouTube channel, website audio and video samples, and Admissions promotions
- Optimize and track push pages and web pages for maximum digital marketing effectiveness
- In alignment with the School marketing strategy, make recommendations on digital advertising target markets and best practices
- Use analytical tools and internal systems reports to provide marketing and external engagement data to relevant stakeholders
- Customize and deliver logos and graphics for various departments, and assist all departments with mass mail-out communications
- Provide support with the report card and transcript processes, as well as the annual parent’s package
- Provide assistance to staff across departments with presentation software issues, problems, and queries
- Adaptable and collaborative; able to work effectively in team-focused environments, shifting easily from one project to another
- Comprehensive knowledge of CSS and HTML, ideally with jQuery experience
- A strong background in design for digital marketing
- Able to consistently apply and reinforce brand guidelines when developing digital marketing materials
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar Web Coordinator position
- Proficient with the creation and presentation of style sheets, links, dropdowns, and other standard website features and functions
- A working knowledge of photography applications, as well as basic layout and design for communications
- Familiarity with the use of VisualCut and Crystal Reports software
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to the attention of Maureen Connolly, Communications Manager, via email to the Human Resources Department. Applications may also be mailed or delivered in person to the General Office at:
Attention: Human Resources
Shawnigan Lake School
1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC V0R 2W1
Competition closes Friday, March 29, 2019, or until position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- web content coordination: 2 years (Required)