Manager, Medical Imaging
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Managers who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Manager, Medical Imaging is accountable for providing strategic development and administrative leadership to the department while ensuring operational and clinical excellence for a complex multidisciplinary Department. Services are administered using a program management model and supported by collaboration with physician leaders and the program Director, Clinical Support Services.
The Manager oversees the human (union and non-union) and fiscal resources of the department while facilitating the provision of outstanding patient care. This includes collaborating with leadership teams to ensure effective coordination of efforts for optimal patient care and providing exceptional and visionary leadership in the development of program, organizational and financial plans. To ensure practice standards are aligned and integrated across the program and services, the Manager liaises and collaborates with internal and external professionals and stakeholders. Based on sound and influential decision making and a global overview of the program and services, the Manager provides leadership in achieving the program’s strategic and operational plans. In addition, the Manager is responsible to the Operations Director, Clinical Support Services, for budget and operational responsibilities and for key partnerships and alliances in support of the program.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Promote best practices and evidence based practices through the implementation of initiatives that are aligned with the organization’s and departmental strategic directions
- Manage on a day to day basis the physical, financial and human resources of the teams in line with the mission, vision, values and strategic direction of the departments and organization
- Ensure all medical equipment and the PACS are maintained and functioning to their potential
- Ensures the development and use of appropriate resources and supplies to measure and evaluate processes and outcomes
- Designs and implements methods and tools to monitor and continuously improve the delivery of service ensuring at a minimum benchmark status is achieved
- Monitors and creates performance measures identified as strategies needed to attain targets
- Upkeep of an up to date equipment plan, plan for future purchases, preparation of RFP’s, working with vendors, staff and physicians to determine equipment specifications for future purchases
- Ensure clinical and regulatory compliance of the teams by supporting interprofessional practice improvement
What must you have?
- Baccalaureate degree in business or a health related field preferred.
- Regulated Health Professional
- Registration in good standing with the respective college.
- A minimum of 5 years clinical management or leadership experience within a hospital setting, preferably including ambulatory and pre-scheduled operations
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience in recruitment, performance management, scheduling and budgeting.
- Experience preparing and analyzing complex, multi-faceted RFP’s and managing service contracts.
- Project management experience with an emphasis on Medical Imaging renovations and new equipment installations.
- Demonstrates excellence in interpersonal, communication, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team.
- Strong financial and business acumen, ability to assess, interpret and project budgetary needs.
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to give feedback.
- Demonstrates superior decision-making and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrates ability to provide leadership, support and critical analysis in stressful, complex clinical and emotional situations.
- Ability to research, analyze and implement evidence-based practice into Policy and Procedure development and clinical practice.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with an ability to engage diverse multidisciplinary teams and external stakeholders.
- Utilizes effective listening skills to maximize understanding of issues.
- Advanced negotiating skills.
- Strategic conceptual thinker, with ability to integrate systems thinking into operations.
- Demonstrated superior understanding of systems, systems analysis techniques, value analysis process and continuous improvement principles and tools.
- Demonstrated successful experience in service improvement and expansion initiatives.
- Strong assessment, organizational and conflict management skills.
- Ability to introduce and effectively facilitate change.
- Solid knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, related both to employment law and areas of functional responsibility.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Membership with the respective Association preferred
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health