Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Dev Ops Technician to join our fast growing team!
As our newest technical wizard, your role at Beamdog is responsible for the management and maintenance of cloud infrastructure and the design and execution of automated integration, deployment, and delivery processes. The DevOps Technician will work with development teams and the IT staff to oversee the smooth operation of the software release cycle.
The DevOps Engineer should have a minimum 2 years' automation experience and developing infrastructure as code.
- Collaborate with technical experts in the development and continuous refinement of a comprehensive internal DevOps process
- Collaborate with development teams to automate and streamline builds & releases of Beamdog products to a range of internal and external platforms
- Design, test, and implement DevOps process improvements
- Write scripts to automate installations, maintenance, migrations, etc.
- Assisting in the implementation of end-to-end test automation and CI practices
- Maintain, troubleshoot, monitor and administer VMs and networks resources for our hosted infrastructure
- Document DevOps processes: develop standards to guide operations, support and maintenance
- Define and implement alerts and metrics to monitor overall environment health and stability
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Prior experience working with CI & CD toolchains & best practices, including:
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in solving complex technical issues
- Experience in administrating Linux and Windows-based environments
- Experience working with cloud-based & virtualized environments (AWS, Google, Azure,)
- Excellent familiarity with development environments and version control (Git, Github, SVN, Visual Studio)
- Experience with Jenkins or similar build automation tools (e.g. CMake)
- Experience in a scripting language (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in a DevOps capacity
- Experience/knowledge of data science
- Experience with SQL Lite
- Previous experience as a software developer
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your RPG character!
Job Type: Full-time
- DevOps: 2 years (Required)