Welcome to Sir Sam’s Inn and WaterSpa, in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands!
As the summer weather continues and our minds turn to fall, we are looking to grow our team and are in search of some talented Chefs /cooks to join our kitchen team. We have been welcoming guests year-round to our high-end resort since 1919 and we pride ourselves on the great reputation that our Restaurant has established.
Our Executive Chef Dave Adams is renowned in the Haliburton area for his culinary creations as well as his humble approach. Chef Dave has built a supportive team environment in his kitchen and he is a strong leader and mentor. He enjoys teaching his staff and being able to help develop their careers. This is a fantastic opportunity for any candidate that wishes to move into the fine dining arena and be a part of a well-established resort.
Some of the key qualities we look for in our Chefs / Line Cooks are as follows:
- Passionate about food
- Able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment with aplomb
- Dependable and respectful
- Flexible to work shifts as required and able to work evenings and weekends
- Previous kitchen experience in a resort or stand-alone restaurant is an advantage
- 2 years culinary experience preferred (training program available for line cooks)
As part of our team we offer you:
- Free accommodations, private room in shared staff house
- Learn from renowned chef David Adams
- Room for career advancement
Please note that we do have options for Free Room for our Staff
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)