The Macaulay Child Development Centre is a multi-service, child care and family support agency.
Established in 1932 as a non-profit, charitable organization, Macaulay promotes the optimal development of children in partnership with their family and community.
Macaulay offers a dynamic and innovative workplace with a culturally diverse staff that allows individuals to learn, develop and succeed in their career.
Please explore our website to discover more about our programs - www.macaulaycentre.org
Human Resources Generalist – Recruitment and Onboarding
(Permanent Full Time)
COMPETITION NUMBER: E19-01-21
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
START DATE/TERM: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
This position will provide full cycle recruitment, selection and hiring support to the agency.
- Provide support, advice, and expertise to the Agency in the areas of recruitment, selection, hiring and orientation.
- Develop and implement the Agency’s recruitment strategy.
- Determine the most appropriate and cost effective mediums/posting boards, job fairs, educational institutions, associations, etc. for advertising opportunities. Provide recommendations for new recruitment channels.
- Develop and maintain a network of qualified candidates for current and upcoming openings.
- Prepare and post job postings.
- Prescreen employment applications to determine if qualifications match position requirements.
- Coordinate face to face interviews for short listed candidates with hiring managers. Conduct interviews for casual staff.
- Complete reference on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers.
- Prepare offers of employment.
- Prepare and conduct orientation sessions for new employees, volunteers and students.
- Maintain communication with candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Track vacancies, recruitment, and candidate statistics. Analyze statistics and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, Collective Agreement and applicable legislations.
- Take the lead on recruitment and orientation projects and/or process improvement initiatives.
- University Degree or College Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources
- 3-5 years of related human resources experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective work partnerships with colleagues of diverse backgrounds, abilities and identities
- Ability to apply sound judgment to a variety of situations demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and problem solving with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational capabilities to manage multiple projects with the ability to multi task and prioritize effectively
- Highly motivated to continually strive for excellent results including on-going improvements to work processes
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Proven intermediate to advanced technical skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
THIS POSITION IS NOT WITHIN THE BARGAINING UNIT.
Interested candidate should apply quoting competition number and position title.
The Macaulay Child Development Centre is committed to service and employment equity.
The Macaulay Child Development Centre values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion. We welcome qualified individuals who contribute to the diversity of our staff group.
The Macaulay Child Development Centre offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted regarding a career opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)