Testmark Laboratories Ltd., founded in 1998, is a 100% Canadian-owned privately-held company providing accredited and licensed analytical testing services for a full range of organic, inorganic and biological parameters. We provide testing services covering all of Northern Ontario and beyond from four convenient locations - Garson (within Greater Sudbury), Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Thunder Bay and Mississauga.
We currently require a Laboratory Analyst (Level 1) - Metalsfor our Garson location at 7 Margaret St., Garson.
This is a 4 month contract employment opportunity at 37.5 hrs weekly at $15.00/hr, with the possibility of permanent employment.
Regular work hours are 9 am to 5 pm with 30 min unpaid lunch.
In a supervised lab setting, you will be responsible for preparing samples for analysis, loading samples onto specific analytical equipment, providing accurate data input and maintaining a clean and safe workspace. Training and supervision will be provided by senior staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- perform sample preparation, extraction, analysis and data entry into the LIMS ( our internal Laboratory Information Management System).
- Review LIMS summary and new TAT reports to prioritize daily workload
- Analysis of water/soils/oils for metals parameters according to SOP
- Be experienced on a wide variety of routine and non-routine methods and procedures
- Know how to set up ICP-MS systems. This can be learned on the job.
- Perform regular instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration
- Running multiple samples and systems on a daily basis
- Proper documentation ensuring accurate reporting in lab books
- Ensure equipment, instruments and associated consumable supplies are properly maintained
- Monitor and maintain lab Quality Control as per standard operating procedures
- Work in partnership with other co-workers to ensure quality and customer satisfaction and lab standards are met
- Other related duties/responsibilities as assigned
Job Specifications, Skills and Education:
- High School Diploma required and University Degree or College Diploma in related field an asset
- Experience working in an ISO laboratory considered an asset
- good troubleshooting skills required for instruments and methods
- must be competent, dependable and able to absorb and apply training
- basic computer literacy
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- good record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- provided laboratory safety and WHMIS training must be learned and applied
The ideal candidate will be motivated, willing to learn and apply sampling/testing techniques and to follow safety rules. You must possess excellent organization skills, work well with others, demonstrate attention to detail and display a high level of initiative and effort in carrying out assignments.
No telephone inquiries regarding this posting/position. Please apply via Indeed and the email address provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Laboratory analyst: 1 year (Preferred)