Job title :
PATIENT AMBASSADOR – KASLO, B.C.
VICTORIAN HOSP OF KASLO
Interior Health is committed to supporting the great efforts of our health care professionals due to COVID-19. In preparation for this challenging time, we are seeking Patient Ambassadors throughout the Interior Health region.
Victorian Hospital of Kaslo is looking for a Casual Patient Ambassadors to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12 and strong communication skills, apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
Hours of work:
- Identifies if a visit is essential by communicating with all people who present at points of entry for the assigned entrance or site by following the script and documentation provided for the role.
- Explains Interior Health entrance restrictions as required and asks self-assessment questions.
- Provides direction to essential patients and the public regarding the locations of various departments and services.
- Follows established communication channels to raise concerns to site leadership.
- Cultivates as safe an environment as possible for those entering the facility, while still adhering to infection prevention protocols and directions, violence prevention, and cultural safety training.
- Maintains records on visitor admissions as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rotating Days, 09:00 to 17:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Please note that this opportunity is not expected to extend past December 31, 2021.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment for the entirety of the shift.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to feel comfortable asking mandatory screening questions to Staff, Physicians, Patients, Contractors and Essential Visitors.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.