The incumbent manages and maintains an allocation of Toronto Hydro buildings and/or stations, including building construction/renovation and building maintenance (cleaning, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing) and security (staff, systems and procedures) while meeting environmental and regulatory requirements. The role includes managing internal staff as well as relationships with external contractors.
The incumbent is expected to behave ethically and follow the established code of business conduct, policies and internal control procedures, laws and regulations governing Toronto Hydro.
Supervises and manages internal and external facilities and security staff for one or more facility. Coaches, mentors, trains and assigns staff to ensure that maintenance and /or renovation programs and service delivery is achieved. Includes staff performance management and development. Manages the relationships with external contractors/vendors to ensure facility maintenance and security plans are delivered in an effective, cost efficient and timely manner.
Manages the day-to-day operations of one or more facility. Ensures facility is environmentally and ergonomically safe from an infrastructure and internal facilities perspective and are in compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements. Manages all external contract services for all buildings and stations including change orders to the contract. Identifies future expenses as well as preventative maintenance required to mitigate costly reactive repairs. Ensures compliance to OHSA/MOE/MOL/OBC rules and regulations for all required construction and maintenance. Manages buildings access agreements, lease agreements, space maps and environmental records.
Acts as a subject matter expert to lead or participate in special facilities projects and/or organization-wide projects. Project coordination required with all internal stakeholders (I.T, generation, EHS, Fleet, etc)
Accountable for all physical and operational security for buildings under remit, including emergency management of people, property, information and brand. Includes maintenance, training and testing of existing and new building security systems.
Offers insight to management in the development of the Facilities Asset and Building Security strategy and capital maintenance plans while considering regulatory requirements. Suggests modifications/updates in office planning and design, building and perimeter security, and maintenance as appropriate. Flags potential risks with management and develops action plans to address gaps.
Acts as a liaison on the work centre joint health and safety committee.
- University degree in business administration, operations or facilities management or other relevant discipline
- PMP certification preferred
- Seven (7) years’ professional experience in facilities and asset management
- Five (5) years' of progressive people, project leadership experience
- Knowledge of: Building Automation Systems & Central Maintenance Management Systems, SharePoint
- Familiar with Ontario Building Code, OHSA/MOL/MOE regulations
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 & 14001 standards
- Ability to troubleshoot building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience in Project Management and the OHSA requirements (inspections, notifications, duties and forms)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Financial Acumen regarding budget planning, business case development and accruals
- Problem Solving and Conflict Management