Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Must have good coordination and manual dexterity
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of repairing and replacing defective parts
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all the machines especially on the sealers
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment
- Sets up and operates machine and adjusts controls that regulate operational functions to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Bolt parts together, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, to basic assembly of units
- Starts machine and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect defects, malfunctions, or other machine damage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical abilities in order to help troubleshoot production issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate any machinery breakdown, material concerns or shortages to maintenance, production supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 13 ˚C / 55 ˚F.
- Must be able to use a hand cart for moving product.
Mucci Farms welcomes and encourages applications with disabilities to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource Department so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation. Mucci Farms is achieving a culture and work environment that is supportive of employees with disabilities and promotes dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity.
Thank-you to all candidates for applying and showing interest in Mucci Farms Ltd. Please note that with such a high volume of applicants, we will only be responding to the ones we will be moving forward with.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year (Preferred)