Reporting to the Director of Coffee Operations, Packaging & Production Team Members are tasked with effectively working as a team to ensure that all of Balzac’s cafés and wholesale customers receive their orders fresh and on time. Packaging & Production Team Members are responsible for highly physical duties ranging from packing small orders to loading, wrapping and shipping large quantities of coffee to wholesale partners. Efficiency, accuracy and teamwork are essential to the success of this position. This position will work our afternoon shift of 3pm - 11pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Adhering to all Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements (internal food safety standards), including but not limited to:
- Maintaining with complete accuracy all logs and records for traceability and certification purposes.
- Assisting the Lead Roaster in completing and logging daily preventative maintenance.
- Completing daily operational checklists to ensure an organized, safe and clean workspace.
- Other operational requirements related to HACCP and the Safe Food for Canadians Act.
· Filling coffee orders and packing coffee in various sizes of bags and cases to prepare for shipping.
· Assisting in receiving and stocking inventory; manual transfer of green coffee bags and other warehoused items.
· Mixing various blends and maintaining complete accuracy in mixing logs and identification of each coffee.
· Properly maintaining clean, organized and labeled work areas.
· Ensuring the cleanliness and preventative maintenance of warehouse equipment.
· Sweeping and cleaning of work areas; perform custodial responsibilities in warehouse and roasting area.
· Assisting the Delivery Driver with loading and unloading the delivery vehicles; potential
ride-along’ s as a delivery assistant.
· Shares a passion for coffee and act as an Ambassador for all company products and practices.
· Assist with other tasks and special projects as required.
· Follow all Work Safe Practices while on premises and on shift.
· High School Diploma.
· Experience working in a warehouse is an asset.
· Full G Class driver’s license.
· HACCP Certificate preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task efficiently while maintaining great attention to detail.
- Commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
· Ability to strategically problem-solve and be solution oriented.
· Commitment to excellence and exceedingly high standards.
· Ability to be flexible, versatile and adapt in a fast paced work environment; embracing a “can do anything” approach.
- Adherence to all health and safety standards at all times is paramount.
· Willingness to assume other duties and responsibilities.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
· Ability to work standing up for 8 hours and keep pace in a fast-moving environment
· Ability to lift 66 lbs. (a full bin of roasted coffee) 1 ft. off the ground and transfer to a cart
· Ability to pull or push a 66 lbs. bin of roasted coffee a distance of 25 feet
· Ability to lift 40 lbs. from the ground unassisted and carry as required
· Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level throughout a shift
· Ability to grip items such as coffee scoops and label makers for filling orders
· Ability to operate a pallet jack and physically push/pull large skids of coffee
· Repetitive movements such as placing stickers precisely on bags for long period of time
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)