Provide immediate and customer-focused assistance to policyholders who are calling to report insurance claims. Document initial loss details and activities to ensure that callers experience timely and service oriented disposition of calls. Make determination based on protocol if immediate adjuster attention is required and coordinate with vendors as required.
* Please note that this position requires shift work on a seven (7) day rotating basis between the hours of 8am and 12am.
*Only candidates fully bilingual in French and English will be considered
*This is a full-time opportunity, and will require 37.5 hours of work per week. Will need to work in the Mississauga office during the training period with the possibility of being home-based afterwards.
** Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed the following Insurance Institute courses - Essentials of Loss Adjusting (C110), Automobile (C14), Property (C12) and Principles and Practices (C11) **
- Review ECS call report and ensure call has terminated properly and forward accurate and complete call reports as required.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level
- Arrange for the dispatch of adjusters or vendor partners when required
- Field and answer branch inquiries and administer to ECS menu
- Maintain data base of service lapses reference for root cause, report trends and make recommendations to management
- Review claim information to determine proper next steps for processing against client guidelines/ service agreements
Education, knowledge and experience required
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience
- Knowledge of insurance/service industry or related experience preferred
- Strong computer and telephone skills with an aptitude/ability to learn
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal in English and French
- Attention to detail
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process
Job Type: Full-time