We are recruiting for Locator Staff to work Various locations in Saskatchewan & Alberta.
The locator is responsible for all communications with the site-foreman / customer, conducting pre-job and tailgate meetings, ensure all safety paperwork is accurate and complete, submit daily logs to Dispatch at the end of each shift, as well as directing the work of the crew on-site. Locators will be responsible to communication amongst the drilling crew as well as reporting to the Dispatch Coordinator, and Operations Manager. He/She will be responsible for completing tickets, and to ensure the customer receives digital bore profiles in a timely manner.
Other duties include: Operate DigiTrak F5 locating system, locate & steer pipe during the drilling process, operate various equipment as required (picker, drill, etc.) Cleanup efforts in the event of a Frac-Out will be the responsibility of the Locator.
The Ideal candidate must have previous experience with the installation of various sizes & types of: Oil & Gas, Water and Utilities (Fibre, Power)Transmission.
Safety Tickets Required:
- Confined Space
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance
- LSE (Leadership for Safety Excellence)
- Fall Protection
In house training includes:
- Workplace Hazard of Dangerous Goods (WHIMIS)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS09)
- Electronic General Safety Orientation (EGSO)
- Complete and thorough training of all practices and procedures by a competent Big Bore Directional Drilling Ltd. employee on the job.
Must have 3+Years Previous HDD experience to be considered a candidate
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Good mathematical ability
- Work Independently, as well as with others
- Ability to follow directions from site supervisor
- Follow all Safe Work Practices and Job Procedures
- Maintain a Safe Work Environment
- Ability to read maps
- Physically Fit
- Ability to lift 50lbs +
- Valid Class 5, although Class 1 or 3 will be given preference
- Possess a clean Driver’s Abstract that is Insurable
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willing to Work away from Home and in remote areas for extended periods
- Work in extreme temperatures (cold and heat)
- This is a Safety Sensitive Role
* Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing will be conducted
Job Type: Full-time
- HDD Locating: 1 year (Required)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)