At 604 Now, we go above the obvious, sharing intriguing stories and exciting opportunities for experiencing life in the Vancouver metropolitan. By creating conversations and empowering exploration, our goal is to inform readers what’s new, what’s now, and what’s next in their city.
604 Now is seeking an Office Assistant to assist our Management team with their daily tasks in making sure that the.brand’s core coverage areas of travel, events, food, drink, and culture across Metro Vancouver is being completed in a timely and organized manner.
Office Assistant Role
The Office Assistant is a role for an organized and result-oriented individual who enjoys wearing multiple hats in a fast paced environment. They will assist the Management team in handling the execution of content (editorial and social) on 604 Now’s properties and extended social platforms.
The Office Assistant assists in coordinating between different departments, track project status, attend meetings, and help communicate instructions/track tasks from the Management Team to the rest of the company.
The candidate must be adept at multitasking and will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Updating Performance Reports with the latest data
- Setting up / duplicating / maintaining templates
- Assisting in internal communication and sending out reminders
- Communicating via email/phone/in person to both internal and external parties
- Maintaining organization of the companies files and project management system
- Assisting the Management Team on coordinating their projects. This may include but is not limited to:
- Acting as an liaison to other staff members
- Gathering data for reports
- Proofreading documents where needed
- Reviewing project status on a daily basis and conducting check-ins
- Maintaining an up to date calendar for the team, providing reminders of upcoming events/holidays
- Setting up meetings both virtually and in person
- Researching, booking, and communicating details of meeting to all parties
- Attending meetings and takings notes
- Assigning tasks deadlines and reporting on their progress
A typical day will look like:
- Reviewing daily tasks of the organization
- Checking in with the Management Team for their schedule that day, and retrieving any feedback that needs to be communicated
- Attending various meetings and keeping track of action items, issues, and deadlines
- Acting as the main point of contact for when needed for the Management Team
- Assisting on various projects during the day as assigned by the Management Team
- Reviewing and ensuring that deadlines are met at the end of the day, and reporting issues if any where to arise.
- Previous experience in an office setting
- Previous experience in project management
- Education Background in Writing, Administration, Business, Communication or relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding and “eye” for what a high-quality production value look like
- A passion for the digital media & advertising industry
- Excellent time management, organization, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge on local entertainment and trends would be considered an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Secondary School (preferred)
- assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- project management: 1 year (preferred)