Your Adventure Starts Here...….
Do you have experience in professional sales? Are you passionate about boating?
Bass Pro and Tracker Boats is currently hiring seasoned sales professionals to join its Boat Sales Consultant Team. We offer competitive wages plus incentives.
About the company......
Founded in 1972 by avid young angler Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a leading national retailer of outdoor gear and apparel, with 100 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across North America. Johnny started the business with eight-square-feet of space in the back of his father's liquor store in Springfield, Mo., the company's sole location for the first 13 years of business.
Johnny's passion for the outdoors and his feel for the products and shopping experiences desired by outdoor enthusiasts helped transform the industry. Bass Pro Shops locations are more than just stores — they are true destination experiences that draw more than 120 million visitors annually. Each location is heavily customized to reflect the character of the region. In addition to giant aquariums teeming with live fish and extensive wildlife mounts and dioramas, many locations feature unique restaurants and ocean-themed bowling alleys.
About the role...….
Performs various Selling / Customer Service activities to assist Boat and ATV Customers in making informed buying decisions. Includes greeting and acknowledging all customers in a prompt and friendly manner, handling merchandise with care, providing information, assistance and direction to customers.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
3) Demonstrate product to customers
4) Replenish product on shelves and Sales Floor as required per Merchandising guidelines
5) Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training
6) Knowledgeable of advertised sales; maintain pricing and signing
7) Assist with "Seasonal" floor merchandise moves
8) Assist in Daily Boat & ATV Detailing maintenance.
9) Restock merchandise as required
10) Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies
11) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures
12) Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- identifying and evaluating customers' needs
- making product recommendations based off of this analysis
- promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures such as discounts and make change to customers
Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Able to stand for extended periods
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers.
Ability to operate computerized Point of Sale register system
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)