FANTASTIC EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT - 50% OFF!!!!
Looking for daytime, evening and weekend availability - open availability an asset.
Position Title: Sales Associate (with visual merchandising experience)
Functions: Sales and Customer Service
Availability requirements: Daytime Monday through Sunday, with flexibility to work varying shifts.
Reports to: Store Manager and/or manager on duty
Location: Willowbrook Shopping Centre, Langley, BC
Overall Job Responsibilities: To optimize the selling capacity of the store, by providing excellent customer service and key product knowledge, to maximize sales and enhance the customer experience.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
To provide exceptional customer service through both direct and indirect selling techniques, according to Mountain Warehouse standards and expectations. To understand and accomplish the Non-negotiables in; operations, service, sales with a commitment to the 7 steps of selling, for the demands of the business on the selling floor, fitting room, cash point and stockroom replenishment.
- Sales Associates will actively work with garments on a daily basis, including shipment processing, stocking, replenishment, displays, merchandising all to the Mountain Warehouse visual guidelines to maximize selling opportunities.
- Operate cash point and handle all required transactions, address and handle all customer questions or concerns, ensuring transaction accuracy and issuing receipts.
- Shipment delivery : unpacking merchandise, hang, size cube and price all merchandise where necessary ready for visual placement on the selling floor within a 24 hour time period.
- Maintaining key visual standards on the sales floor and stockroom including, stock levels, cleanliness and general housekeeping throughout the day.
- To ensure daily checks on price changes, reductions, transfers and daily cash register routines.
- Keeping a steady and fast pace, to ensure customer are welcomed and needs are met, completion of stock, replenishment and sales floor visual standards.
- Willingness to offer additional goods and services in order to ensure customer is fully aware of the range of products and to increase both sale value and store/individual targets.
- Ensure proper all transactions at the cash point are accurate, packaged correctly and always thank the customer for their purchase.
- Seek guidance for manager on duty with any customer inquiries for refunds or credits.
To maintain a working atmosphere, where you work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members to ensure the selling floor, cash point, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained to Mountain Warehouse’s standards.
Company Policies and Procedures:
- Utilize established Mountain Warehouse policies and procedures to assist in loss prevention for the store and partner with store management where required.
- Read to and understand company handbook and policies. Adhere to all company Health and Safety rules and regulations and to report any security or Health and Safety concerns to management.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in customer service, retail industry preferred
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, cartons, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
Skills sets required:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- To recognize selling opportunities and utilize the 7 steps of selling
- Ability and willingness to run cash register
- Clear communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multitask
- Self-initiative and drive to be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding the need to meet tight deadlines
- To be able maintain good time management and prioritize tasks at hand
Contract length: 2 months
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From $12.65 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)