This position is responsible for ensuring that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Store Manager, are met and/or exceeded and for the day-to-day management of specific aspects of the department including ordering, merchandising, labour scheduling and customer service. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Work with the Store Manager and Retail Specialist to execute strategies aimed at successfully accomplishing stated goals (e.g. financial results).
- Team development, interviewing, training, reviews, coaching, motivation and recognition all while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Consistent and effective communication to lead the team, including one-on-one coaching, huddles, metrics, product knowledge and corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for retail operations and deliverables (e.g. inventory, ordering, item maintenance, quality and rotation, shrink, merchandising, invoicing, scheduling, payroll).
- Participate in store coverage rotation as a Manager on Duty (eg. opening/closing store, alarm system emergency contact support) as directed by the Store Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Safe Food Handling regulations as well as Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in business, plus a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory or management experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of a Public Health Food Handler certification, Smart Serve plus Level A First Aid and Basic CPR certification, or the commitment to complete within 6 months.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities while communicating with customers and Farm Boy team members.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
*Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Meat: 1 year (Preferred)