Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 485 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire Corporation has a rich heritage that dates back to 1922, serving Canadians in communities coast to coast. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business.
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Night Crew Associate (10pm to 7am) has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. Associates are critical for Ecommerce support. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
- Scan, verify, and merchandise stock onto shelves according to established procedures and policies.
- Overstock is handled with care and located to top shelf & warehouse locations according to established procedures and policies.
- Inventory verification as directed including aiding in reconciling inventory differences and reporting inventory discrepancies.
- Provides necessary support to enhance the overall customer experience within the store; critical support for Ecommerce Department.
- Prepares merchandise for filling, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
- Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
- Participates in training as required, including Canadian Tire University modules and classes.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Criminal record check & bondable.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Team-oriented individual with a positive attitude.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes. Attention to detail is a must!
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a sense of urgency and commitment to an assigned task.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Punctuality, reliability and a solid work ethic.
- Certification in forklift and skyjack (or scissor lift) is preferred.
- team player & active listener
- attention to detail
- computer literacy
- reliable and punctual
- high stamina
- strong mathematical abilities
- First Aid Certification
- previous Canadian Tire knowledge and experience
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Merchandiser, Supervisor, Department Manager
- Other retail, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire stores across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited, and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy" (50lbs+).
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Frequent repetitve hand actions.
- Required to bend, squat and twist, reaching & lifting above shoulder height and below waist level.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
- Walking while carrying at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place