‘G’ Class Truck Driver
Battlefield Equipment Rentals (a division of Toromont Industries Ltd.) one of Canada’s premiere Construction Rental Companies presently requires a 'G' Class Truck Driver for our Milton location.
Our Milton location is a fast-paced and team-oriented facility that places a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. Our driver positions are our direct link between our staff and our on-site customers, and are a key requirement in maintaining and developing success relationships with these customers.
- Ensure all loads are loaded, unloaded and secured properly;
- Communicate regularly with dispatch regarding any updates or changes in scheduling;
- Update log books as needed;
- Maintain proper paperwork;
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service when on job sites;
- Report any and all damages to the manager;
- Maintain cleanliness of delivery vehicle;
- Help within branch with work needed as necessary outside of deliveries;
- Prepare for following day deliveries; fuel truck, wash if needed, and load equipment.
- The ability to provide excellent customer relations while keeping a positive attitude in a fast-paced, high-tempo work environment;
- Existing knowledge of construction equipment and building products;
- Familiarity and prior experience with tying and securing all types of loads, as well as all aspects of safe driving practices;
- Knowledgeable at tying down and securing construction equipment onto your vehicles and delivery to construction jobsites in timely and safe matter;
- Familiarity with landscaping & construction will be a requirement;
- Ability to work independently and affinity with time management and organization;
- Good communication and people skills;
- Class-G licensing, with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Technical aptitude of CAT equipment and operations would be considered an asset;
- Applicant must be able to perform heavy lifting, as heavy lifting will be required frequently.
- Previous "roll-off" truck experience is an asset
Battlefield Equipment Rentals is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Together, we embrace diversity of thought, experience, and perspective, as we combine our unique skills and capabilities to drive successful outcomes for all stakeholders. As an equal opportunity employer, Battlefield Equipment Rentals provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milton, ON L9T 3G6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person