Medisen is the largest cardiology group located in the heart of downtown Burlington. All of our cardiologists are affiliated with Joseph Brant Hospital and together with our team of allied health professionals, we are committed to providing the highest quality cardiac care to our patients. Our passion is to help manage cardiovascular disease, our mission is to prevent it. To learn more about our company, visit www.medisen.ca.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven cardiac sonographer for a 13.5-months maternity leave coverage contract. This is a temporary full-time position that will begin February 15th, 2021 and end March 31st, 2022. Two week training period provided.
The Cardiac Sonographer will work alongside our team to perform adult transthoracic echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, and contrast echocardiography for our patients. The sonographer is expected to perform these tests in a timely, efficient, and profesional manner. They will be responsible for preparing a full preliminary report for cardiologist review and are expected to be able to correctly identify cardiac pathologies.
- CMRITO certification required
- Sonography Canada certification an asset
- ARDMS certification an asset
- Graduate of an accrediate diagnostic cardiac sonography program
- Minimum two years clinical experience
- Current CPR Level C/HCP certificate
- Experience with Philips Affiniti 70C and Philips HD15 systems an asset
- Experience with I.V. insertion an asset but not required
- Be hardworking and punctual
- Be mature and compassionate
- Be able to perform under pressure
- Be able to effectively manage their time
- Work well independently and as a part of a team
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a strong sense of responsibility to thier patients
Compensation and benefits:
- Hourly rate: $34.00 to $40.00 depending on experience and skillset.
- Paid time off.
- Paid sick days.
- Possible opportunity for transition to permanent employment at the end of contract depending on company growth.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes and cover letters.
Contract length: 13.5 months
Application deadline: 2021-01-25
Expected start date: 2021-02-15
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $34.00-$40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have been fully stocked with PPE (hand sanitizers, exam gloves, medical face masks, disposable isolation gowns, and vinyl face shields) throughout the entire pandemic and remain so.
- I.V. insertion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram: 2 years (Required)
- Stress Echocardiography: 2 years (Required)
- Contrast Echocardiography: 1 year (Required)
- ARDMS (Preferred)
- Sonography Canada (Preferred)
- CMRITO (Required)