Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$89823.44 to $112279.30
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
Housing matters – to all. At CMHC, we’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation, partnerships, and analytics. We believe in the power of data and our experts to continue to grow and foster a data-driven approach to help us to achieve our ambitious goal: by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home they can afford and that meets their needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and implementing scalable data ecosystems and platforms and enabling advanced analytics for use within CMHC and across Canada. In addition, you will be responsible for mapping internal and external data ecosystems, designing and implementing table structures while integrating data from various sources. Success will mean the implementation of a platform that provides Canadians with access to standardized housing data in real-time, helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or software engineering or in a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of advanced experience in data implementations, including functional leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Masters degree considered an asset
- Extensive experience with processing large datasets from multiple sources and with data science/machine learning techniques for statistical analysis including regression and clustering using statistical modeling languages like R, STATA, or Python.
- Extensive experience working with cloud technologies(Azure, AWS, Cloud). Azure certification considered an asset
- Experience as designer of complex data models for analytics services.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in complex environments.
- Experience with optimization and tuning of large data extracts for visualization purposes
- Extensive experience with various testing methodologies and user acceptance testing
- Expert ability to communicate complex data environments and data models to senior level stakeholders effectively.
- Advanced demonstration of identifying, assessing and managing risk to ensure excellent outcomes are achieved.
What you will be doing
- Act as principal designer and reviewer for new data models and provide coaching on data modeling and process design.
- Work with technology & IT teams across housing, financial and educational industries to build technology solutions in support of corporate housing affordability and financial-stability strategies
- Design, build and manage additional data ecosystems (databases & datamarts) including developing effective Extract Transform Loads (ETLs) and data management best-practices to move large volumes of data from various operational systems to data models for analytics consumption.
- Provide thought leadership while actively participating in the design, implementation and roll-out efforts of the data exchange platform which links the CMHC data and analytics ecosystem with external stakeholder’s/partner’s ecosystems and data holdings (e.g. financial, education, social,etc)
- Understand stakeholder business requirements and envisions IT structures that encourage long-term compatibility, scalability and maintainability of platforms (innovation and evolution of our IT solutions).
- Expand and grows existing data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges while looking for innovative solutions, including emerging technologies,etc).
- Work closely with housing and finance data professionals within the business (i.e. data and analytics architects, data stewards, scientists) to build data solutions for data concepts that fuel a host of analytic models to support solutions.
- Design and manage how data is stored and organized across CMHC’s various data platforms (eg. Cloud vs on-site, data lake, sql server, DB2, powerBI and SAS)
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.