The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full-time Payroll Analyst for our Group division in Hartland, NB.
As a key member of the Finance Team, the Payroll Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and meaningful reporting of payroll information to support the continued growth of our business. You will be working with various departments, both internal and external to our company.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
Day & Ross is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We achieve this by being: authentic, committed, caring, trusted, and enthusiastic.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Perform various weekly, monthly, and annual reports for Management purposes.
- Audit payroll records on a regular basis to ensure compliance with all Federal and Provincial Legislative Requirements.
- Interpret data and analyze results in order to troubleshoot reports.
- Contribute to and implement continuous improvement initiatives and processes to leverage system functionality.
- Develop standard procedures and documentation for all reporting of payroll related information.
- Assist in rollout and implementation of payroll initiatives.
- Remits and reconciles various Federal and provincial withholding taxes and other deductions as per government schedules.
- Work with a variety of internal teams to answer payroll questions, resolve payroll related issues, and ensure data integrity.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
Education and Training
- Post-secondary education in Payroll, Business Administration or related field.
- A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Basic understanding of Payroll, Human Resources, Pension and Benefits, and Accounting
- Working knowledge of Payroll systems
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel, and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Familiarity to Federal Labour regulations
- English, other languages an asset.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
The working environment can include extended periods sitting in a work station working on a computer and on a phone, including data entry.
Please apply directly on our website at www.dayandrosscareers.com
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)