Starting at $42,000 per year, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your food and beverage knowledge. As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
Dining Reservation Supervisor
Chateau Lake Louise is seeking a dynamic Dining Reservation Supervisor whose demonstrated leadership skills enable them to successfully operate our tour group bookings, manage dining reservations and be a Book it Champion (our reservations system). Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, this position will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day interaction with Tour Companies for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner group and individual blocks for all restaurants. This position is ideal for an individual who aspires to develop their leadership experience, manage multiple operations and continue the growth toward the next management position in Food & Beverage.
Nestled on the edge of Alberta’s Lake Louise in the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is an all-season recreational paradise that has attracted guests from around the world since 1890. Only a two-hour drive west of Calgary, the property is enveloped by some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Facilities include 554 guest rooms, Health Club and Spa, five restaurants, a deli and a lounge. As well, we also have retail shopping, a business centre, horse back riding and canoeing in the Summer, and sleigh rides in the Winter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in building an efficient Tour Dining Team
- Provide ongoing training of procedures to Tour Services and Tour Dining agents
- Maintain a departmental Training Manual with current information
- Provide the necessary coaching and counseling for the Tour Dining Team to ensure the hotels standards are consistently maintained
- Provide hotel departments with dining information regarding incoming Tours and F.I.T.s
- Establish and maintain good working relationships between the hotel and tour companies, and their representatives
- Ensure daily tasks on the duty checklists are being completed accurately by team members by doing regular audits
- Ensure Tour Dining Blocks are built accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure all A la Carte Breakfast/Lunch and Dinner bookings are accurate
- Ensure accurate billing to Tour and F.I.T. companies
- Follow up with Tour Directors to ensure their Dining Blocks are in on time and all changes are made prior to arrival
- Work closely with the Tour Services Team in the summer – ongoing support to be given at the Remote Tour Check in desk for last minute dining block changes
- Flexible schedule to coincide with Tour/Groups in House in order to provide leadership and support
- Maintain a safe, hazard free and environmentally friendly workplace
- A minimum of 2 years Front Office/Guest Services or Tour/Group Services Experience required
- Knowledge of Property Manager, Book It, Word and Excel and asset
- High School Diploma required, Management Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as good problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment
- Able to be an informal leader to colleagues in the department
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! http://www.lakelouisejobs.com/
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00 /year
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)