Kent Building Supplies is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
We are currently hiring a yard associate for our Kent store ability to drive a delivery truck would be considered an asset
Wages starting at: $13.70
As a yard associate, you will offer great customer service including ensuring that our product displays are safe and easy to shop, you will assist customers with picking and loading their products. To offer these services, you need to enjoy manual handling and physical work. A high attention to detail will ensure exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload trucks, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Pick material for customer orders, assemble material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Inform your direct supervisor of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform supervisor of any safety issues within the warehouse and lumber yard
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Possess a high level of attention to details
- Able to learn and operate the applicable computer system (D635) used to process orders
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Incentive programs, Growth potential, Employee discount
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
Interested in a career with Kent? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply Online!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time