Campus Role Type
Internship/Co-Op and Summer Opportunities
TD Finance is an integral and trusted partner to businesses across the Bank, made-up of diverse teams, strengths and capabilities contributing to TD’s overall success. Together, TD Finance helps the Bank make smart business decisions, ensure regulatory compliance and financial reporting accuracy and guard the integrity of TD’s business processes, drive efficiencies with external suppliers and manage TD’s global real estate portfolio.
About Finance Operations
The Finance Operations (FinOps) centre, located in Greater Moncton, New Brunswick, is an integral part of the Finance organization, delivering efficient finance services with a commitment to operational excellence. We are a diverse team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who want to make a difference with TD. Our goal is to attract a broad talent pool of experienced Finance operations personnel and post-secondary graduates, which reflect the diversity of TD and its customers. The centre resides in TD’s new Corporate Office located at Cadillac Fairview’s CF Champlain shopping centre in Dieppe.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of TD’s Finance organization. Reporting to the Manager, the position is a key member of the Accounting or Reporting Operations department with responsibility for performing a range of day-to-day general accounting operations or finance reporting operations activities.
Member of a high performing team of Finance professionals responsible to perform general accounting and Finance reporting functions, which may include:
- Gathering of manual and system generated data to prepare, review and post journal entries and required transactions
- Preparation and review account reconciliations
- Performing a variety of accounting functions which may include cost accounting, inter and intra segment allocations, tax and fixed asset accounting
- Production and preparation of Financial, Regulatory or Management Reporting for business lines, including data gathering, cleansing and validation
- Reporting for TDBG Financial Statements which may include Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), Supplemental Information, or certain Capital Reporting
- Supporting key stakeholders for reporting needs and requirements
- Analysis and investigation of financials
- Execute existing process controls and implement new controls as needed
- Deliver quality service; achieve performance goals such as SLAs and KPIs, in a transformative and changing environment
- Identify operational problems and escalates issues as required
- Strive for operational excellence through ongoing process improvements
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and understand regulatory requirements
- Maintain knowledge of the processes
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Working towards a college Diploma or Undergraduate business or accounting degree
- Strong finance acumen – understanding the business and related processes
- Solid understanding of the financial and accounting standards applicable to financial institutions
- Good analytical skills and challenges the status quo
- Ability to assess risk, issues and challenge the status quo
- Adept at using productivity tools and end-user software (such as MS Office suite)
- Good communicator who engages colleagues, business partners and external stakeholders
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure and during times of change
- Works effectively in teams and with multiple partners
- Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Has sound judgement and decision-making abilities
We welcome candidates who are bilingual (English/French) and speak other languages. English is the primary language used in FinOps, and therefore, we request cover letters and resumes to be submitted in English.
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting.
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence January 8th – April 26th 2024
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!