As the Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative support with data entry, employee inquiries and office coordination for the Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport project. This project includes reconstruction of the runway, new construction of taxiways, drainage improvements and new electrical guidance devices. These scopes of work incorporate modern design elements and advanced technology to streamline air traffic flow, addressing the current and future needs of the airport, its passengers, stakeholders and boosting the local economy.
What you will be doing:
- Performs data entry support for office and department needs, including time card entry, equipment hours and usage.
- Supports employee day-to-day inquiries, working closely with human resources and payroll to resolve issues for employees.
- Maintains conference room and facility cleanliness and preparedness. Monitors conference room bookings and assists office staff reserving and coordinating meetings and catering.
- Receives incoming telephone calls, messages, mail and packages to office and directs to appropriate person in a courteous and customer service oriented manner.
- Greets and assists all visitors. Assists office staff by alerting arrival or directing visitors to appropriate meeting room.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
Coordinates asset distribution and tracking for assigned employee group or project.
Maintains company and business contact information, seating and event calendar documents.
Assists with service requests and maintenance on office communication technology, including office fax machine, printers, postage metering and specialty shipping vendor portals.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including making copies, typing memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as directed.
- Collects, sorts, date stamps and distributes mail to office personnel and shipping mail to other location staff as needed.
- Orders office supplies, stationary and staff business cards, as directed by manager.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
Support published corporate policies.
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Administrative or clerical experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of computer and MS Office Suite required.
- Friendly disposition and customer service attitude required.
- Able to multi-task and self-prioritize required.
Why work for us:
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.