Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Competent to perform all tasks in the cannabis cultivation process. Understands all aspects of cannabis cultivation including, cloning/planting, irrigation, nutrient management, plant maintenance, pest and pathogen controls and light cycles regulation for optimum plant growth and harvesting.
- Advanced knowledge of Cannabis Act, Cannabis products, its approved uses.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation of Cannabis or other delicate commercial crops.
- Expert knowledge in plant disease and pest mitigation without use of chemicals.
- Focused, dedicated professional approach with high attention to detail.
- Must follow ZENABIS’s policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving Production targets within set timelines.
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all cultivation activities during cannabis processing, at all times, to result consistent quality cannabis products.
- Conduct lot coding and tracking of individual marijuana plants and the resultant harvested bulk and finished cannabis products.
- Responsible for sanitation of equipment and production areas, preparation and maintenance of nutrient reservoirs and irrigation system.
- Assure all cannabis products are free from contamination risk at all processing stages right from propagation to final packaging.
- Implement standard procedures that maximize equipment safety, sanitation practices, maintenance support and assure consistent quality product output.
- Ensure regulatory requirements needed for premises and equipment used for cultivation, harvest, preparation, packaging, storage, infusion and sale of marijuana incidental are maintained in clean and sanitary conditions.
- Monitor for Quality Control checks in order to ensure process and product Quality in line with site Quality Assurance team.
- Perform safe and effective harvesting, trimming, drying and converting cannabis bulk product into high quality marijuana products.
- Ensure that refuse and waste products are managed and destroyed as per the current approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain, check and review of Lot Production Record for each cannabis batch. Track and record clone, plant and product transfer across cultivation rooms and vault.
- Oversee general facility maintenance of cultivation/production areas and apply problem-solving skills to overcome daily cultivation/production issues.
- Maintains clean and tidy workspace and displays a high standard of cleanliness.
- Collaborates with Production Supervisor in daily cultivation tasks, job training and review of cultivation staff work schedule and performance.
- Collaborates with other department associates in all areas to improve process performance and safety.
- Employ professional and clear communication practices to maintain a positive and progressive team atmosphere.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Department Supervisors/Leads and Managers.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, strong attention to detail. Can follow ZENABIS’s policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving Production targets within set timelines.
- Works well alone and in a team environment.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Always maintain professional and friendly attitude.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Lead Grower.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Commercial grow experience or professional equivalency is an asset.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry and (or) any other related technical discipline an asset.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Strong Agricultural background in a GAP and HACCP regulated environment, with proficiency in various cultivation and plant maintenance techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation of cannabis or other delicate commercial crops.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
Hourly Position - Shift Work. Some occasional weekend work or on-call work may be required as per direction of immediate supervisor/manager.
Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of cultivation warehouse.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- irrigation system: 3 years (Preferred)
- plant health: 2 years (Preferred)