Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
9711 23rd Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6N 1K7
Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we.
At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Why is this role important?
This position reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for receiving, preparing and delivery of Rx accurately and timely. Ensuring adequate inventory levels to meet patient's needs, and counsel with appropriate documentation to all patients. Provide friendly, positive and pro-active interaction with all internal and external customers as well create awareness and educate customers through public relations
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and timely to patients
- Ensure medication and over the counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients' needs
- Counsel of patients in regards to new and additional medications in a friendly, positive and pro-active interaction
- Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
- Provide timely and positive resolution to patient's needs and Doctor's requests/issues
- Review and control costs at all levels within Loblaw Pharmacy (dispensary)
- Provide on-going training for all new and existing Pharmacy colleagues (technicians, interns, students, IPG's)
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and a Class A Pharmacists license a must
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent leadership and performance management skills required
- Proven ability to build the business using community based marketing strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills, as well as knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy Computer system a definite asset.
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.