Dehoney Financial Group (DFG) is an established Vancouver-based full service consulting firm offering group benefits and retirement consulting, third-party administration (TPA) services, corporate and personal life insurance as well as individual retirement and financial planning in BC and nationally. As a client centric team, we understand that change is constant and a well-designed solution adapts to meet a client’s needs.
Our solutions strike the right balance of cost containment and flexibility, and are based on core values of trust, integrity and respect. For over 35 years, our firm has delivered employee group benefit and retirement solutions to some of Canada’s premier employers and their top executives, and individual customers.
The Group Benefits Consulting team works alongside our clients’ human resources and executive teams to identify objectives in all aspects of benefit plan design and delivery. We manage national, regional and multi-insurer benefit programs. There has never been a better time to consider a career at Dehoney Financial Group. We are growing and looking for some great new people to join our team. Check out this and other postings at dehoney.com
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit plan; Group RRSP; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; volunteer day to give back to your community; regular social events because we believe it makes our team stronger; convenient location (close to transit, restaurants, etc.); bike-commuter friendly (showers, bike lock-up, etc.). Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
Like us, you love the group benefits industry. As the key consultant to assigned group benefits clients, you will provide consulting expertise on plan design, pricing, funding, benchmarking, and vendor management. You will maintain and grow client relationships, while identifying opportunities for adding other lines of coverage, products or services. You are relationship and customer focused, and an excellent communicator. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client experiences.
Candidates with 3 years related industry experience, especially those holding their Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation and with proven success in group benefits are encouraged to apply. Candidates at various levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Looking for career growth?Mastering this role is a fundamental step in gaining the knowledge to advance to more senior roles within our group benefits team.
About the Opportunity
The Account Manager, Group Benefits provides consulting expertise and client management. As an advocate for your client, you champion their needs and proactively communicate on all service-related issues to build and develop long-term relationships. The role liaises with clients, internal stakeholders, insurance companies and carriers.
- Relentlessly seeks to understand clients, delight them and create high engagement serving as their primary daily contact on delivery of group benefits consulting services.
- Oversee and prepare client deliverables including reports and presentations regarding plan design, pricing, funding, employee contributions, strategies, reserve calculations, benchmarking studies, negotiations, renewals, and vendor management.
- Facilitate and support a continuous service improvement culture establishing value to the customer partnership beyond monetary value such as advising clients of emerging industry trends and best practices.
- Oversees the execution of major projects including plan marketing, requests for proposal, carrier implementation and renewal.
- Proactively resolve client issues by communicating with internal departments, insurance carriers and clients as necessary.
- Oversee the development of self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost-sharing calculations.
- Strengthen client relationships by identifying needs through adding other lines of coverage, products or services.
- Collaborate within the Group Benefits team to formulate and implement client centric strategies to deepen client relations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation (or willingness to work towards designation)
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience with a strong knowledge of group benefit products as well as applicable legislation
- Proven experience and success in the design & management of group benefits programs gained in a consulting, brokerage or carrier environment
- LLQP/Life Licensed in the Province of BC (or willingness to become licensed within the first 12 months is required)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships (clients, internal, insurance carriers and business community)
- Ability to positively influence and negotiate with others to achieve results balancing the interests of the client and DFG
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Excellent attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), and presentation facilitation skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Advanced working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), specifically in transferring data to meaningful client exhibits
How to Apply
This position will remain open until the right hire is made, so please send your resume & cover letter with your “last name – Account Manager, Group Benefits” in the subject line. We thank all interested candidates; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No employment agency calls please.
Job Type: Full-time