SHIM & Associates LLP, a growing CPA firm specializing in Audit, Review, Compilation, Tax and Consulting services with a diverse and dynamic client base is seeking a highly motivated Junior Accountant to join the team. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who not only possesses the skills, knowledge and experience required but who also has a positive & professional attitude and the ability to work well with minimal supervision. This is a CPA pre-approved program position under the Assurance, Compilation, and Tax (ACT) path.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Audit and Review engagements for publicity listed entities;
- Prepare working papers in Caseware and compilation of financial statements for compilation engagements for small business clients;
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns;
- Bookkeeping for publicly listed and small business clients;
- Government reporting (GST/HST), PST, WCB & Source Deductions;
- Bi-weekly or Semi-monthly payroll;
- Annual preparation of T4, T5, and T101 Slips;
- Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of full cycle accounting experience in Canada; public company or public practice experience considered an asset;
- Completion of an undergraduate degree and/or CPA pre-requisite courses;
- Currently enrolled in the CPA Program; and
- Must have proficient knowledge of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Sage 50.
Skills & Attributes:
- Microsoft Excel knowledge is essential;
- Knowledge of Caseware and Profile considered an asset;
- Tenacious and detail oriented;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- High level of confidentiality and integrity;
- Customer service focus; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. We wish to thank all who apply; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you currently enrolled in CPA program or planning to enroll?
- Do you have experience using QuickBooks or Sage 50?
- How many years of accounting work experience do you have in Canada?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-02