SCS Steel Container Systems Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a highly creative and motivated team within a growing company. We are not looking to hire an Engineer for this role, nor does the successful candidate have to have an engineering background or education.
Our ideal candidate has 3 years’ recent experience with 3D solid modeling software, good attention to detail, and a personality and attitude that will fit well within our friendly, cooperative workplace.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Mechanical Designer is an essential, creative member of the SCS team and is responsible for executing standard design practices and creating original concepts for manufacturing. The Mechanical Designer will produce CAD models and drawing packages and will work closely with the Product Development, Manufacturing and Sales teams to develop and refine new and existing products[CZ1] .
- $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience
- Create design models, conduct structural analysis and produce shop drawing packages for our manufacturing team.
- Verify design drawings conform to exact specifications.
- Execute standard design practices and create original concepts for manufacturing.
- Assist the production group to meet their established time and quality guidelines.
- Work with customers to ensure our products meet their specific requirements.
- Provide technical direction and support to the sales and manufacturing teams.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years direct and recent, related experience with 3D solid modeling software (Solid Edge or equivalent)
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- High level of critical and logical thinking to identify underlying principles, reasons and facts
- Excellent organization and project management skills, including the ability to multitask in a fast paced product development environment
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Familiarity with continuous improvement concepts and a willingness to learn
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- RRSP Matching Plan available after 1 year of employment.
- Strong team environment that encourages and supports continuous learning and career advancement.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan, including Employee & Family Assistance Program (premiums for health & dental are 100% employer paid)
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. is a central Vancouver Island Lean manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes, dunk™ pools for every backyard, and open top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- 3D Solid Modeling Software: 3 years (preferred)