Position: Certified Arborist / Arborist Apprentice
Weatherhead Tree is currently looking to hire Certified Arborists and Arborist Apprentices. We are a leading arborist company that is locally owned and operated in Oakville, Ontario, and we work in preserving and maintaining healthy trees.
We have immediate full-time positions available and offer the security of year-round work. Duties include:
- Work in the development and maintenance of the company as part of a team utilizing specialized equipment including aerial bucket trucks, chippers, chain saws and standard tree climbing equipment where required in a safe and efficient manner.
- Through a work order-based system, conduct assigned tree care including pruning, removal and cabling according to current policies and procedures and generally accepted arboricultural practices.
- Assist with hydro line clearing and grid pruning projects and woodland tree maintenance and care.
- Comply with requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, all Federal, Provincial and City regulations, policies and procedures.
- Complete daily activity time sheets.
- Report on changes in daily work plans.
- Immediately report vandalism, mechanical difficulties and damage.
- Performance of other related duties as assigned.
All positions require the following qualifications:
- Graduate of arboriculture post-secondary program;
- ISA Certified Arborist or Utility Arborist qualification is an asset
- Ontario DZ drivers’ license with a clean driving record;
- Physically fit, able to work in all weather conditions;
- Good communication skills;
- Commitment to workplace safety;
- Team-oriented attitude.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits program. If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a copy of your resume. Due to the volume of applicants only those with relevant experience will be contacted for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
- arborist: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)