Pathways Therapy is looking for full-time PTA/OTA to join our team at our Waterloo clinic which focuses on neuro-rehab, paediatrics and treatment of complex conditions. The position is half time clinical and half time administrative. The PTA/OTA will have an integral role in creating a welcoming environment, providing high quality care and ensuring the day to day operations of the clinic run smoothly.
- Provide physiotherapy services under the direction of registered physiotherapists including assisting clients with exercise programs, balance retraining, walking, use of cardio equipment, use of some modalities.
- Assist occupational therapists with some activities.
- Services will be primarily provided in our clinic but some PTA/OTA services may be required in the community (homes, pools, gyms).
- Organize/maintain general tidiness of clinic.
- Complete disinfection of high touch surfaces, toys and therapy equipment.
- Complete clinic laundry.
- Interact with clients, families and referrals sources by phone, email and in person.
- Explain services to potential clients. The PTA/OTA will be given the opportunity to observe therapy sessions and communicate with therapists to help develop their understanding of our services and models of care.
- Complete intake for new referrals. Collect referral information, enter client information into our software system and create client files.
- Schedule appointments and send confirmations to clients and staff.
- Respond to email and voice mail messages.
- Invoicing clients for services.
- Processing payments. Entering payments into the computer system, providing receipts.
- Works closely with our office manager to assist in the completion of other administrative duties including.
- Format and print reports and letters.
- Filing and photocopying.
- Order clinic/therapy supplies.
- Stock/copy/print off regularly used forms.
- Create treatment materials and forms as needed.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- PTA/OTA college diploma or kinesiology degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
Pathways Therapy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. If you require accommodations please contact us at 519-885-4211 ext 223.
Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Pathways Therapy requires use of PPE by staff and clients. Screening is done at each visit. Enhanced cleaning and disinfection. Vaccine policy in place for staff requiring proof of vaccination or completion of education and weekly testing.