Primary Area of Assignment: Telecommunications
Basic Functions and Scope:
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent is responsible for operating a telephone switchboard, relaying incoming, outgoing and inter-office calls and performing miscellaneous communications, clerical and accounting duties.
Hours of Work:
Rotation of days and evenings, with weekend commitment.
Will be in accordance with the Wage Scale of the S.E.I.U. Local 1 Canada Office & Clerical Collective Agreement, classification of Telecommunications/Clerical Support Clerk.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma;
- Office Administration/Medical Program or relevant post-secondary program, preferred.
- Recent or related experience, preferred;
- Basic accounting experience would be an asset.
- Clerical perception to accurately and quickly recognize names and numbers and avoid errors in recording, paging, time and change information;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software programs utilized within this position – Microsoft office suite;
- Clerical ability to avoid perceptual errors when compiling documentation;
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to organize, multitask, cope with frequent interruptions, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Must have annual review education completed;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Reference ID: C.2020.08
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.05 per hour
- Clerical: 1 year (Preferred)