Title: Retail Marketing Communications Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Retail Marketing Communications Manager is the voice of the trade to Napoleon and voice of Napoleon to the trade, playing an instrumental role in achieving the company’s aggressive profitable growth objectives. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, is the guardian of our retail look of success, responsible for all facets of trade marketing. These include: shopper marketing, value selling, go to market materials, consumer and customer promotions. The Retail Marketing Communications Manager works closely with key functional areas including product management, sales, research and development, customer service, operations, and finance to ensure Napoleon’s world class customer experience is delivered via superior products and services, amplified by brand development and continuous improvement to deliver profitable annual growth. This position also plays an important role interacting with several external parties, channel partners, trade influencers and external vendors.
- Build a formidable trade marketing capability for three distinct product segments: Grills, Hearth and HVAC.
- Lead customer facing presentations with emphasis on ‘value influencing’ and advanced PowerPoint content (example: pitch decks, line reviews, etc.)
- Lead development, refinement and execution of brand/product catalogues and platforms for each of our unique segments; specifically, brochures, product announcements, price books, monthly specials.
- Lead point of sale /path to purchase activation excellence (store within a store, secondary merchandising, shopper path activation).
- Co-develop gap closure plans throughout the year that would support our various sales channels and deliver operational targets.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of market research and trade channel selling processes.
- Coordinate “on line” and “in line” B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to consumer) promotional calendars (pull promotions, dealer incentives).
- Create sales training content to enhance go to market activities with our sales organization and our customers.
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure best in class, premium content creation.
- Prioritize and execute relevant sales support and co-op investment plans and asset utilization.
- Ensure effective deployment and reconciliation of annual trade marketing investment and budgeting.
- Supports global marketing partners/offices by sharing and cross-pollinating best practices.
- Supervise, coach and develop direct reports.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 8+ years of hands on, trade marketing experience - ideally within an entrepreneurial, consumer products/ white goods context in both B2C and B2B
- Proven ideation and content development experience in promotional, co-op, sales, selling materials, training and sales incentives
- Strong, applied experience with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project
- Proven excellence in creating value selling presentations (in PowerPoint)
- Skill at managing simultaneous, detail intensive projects and comfortable with change and speed
- Demonstrated influencing skills; able to develop effective and collaborative relationships with all levels of internal and external management
- Robust oral, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong financial and budget management acumen
- A strong self-starter, entrepreneurial, energetic and a ‘get it done’ mindset
- Must be able to accommodate occasional travel
Job Type: Permanent
- Trade Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)