Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Wage: $15.36 per hour
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for an energetic, hard-working, team player that loves children. You enjoy working primarily one on one with a child with developmental/physical and/or social needs in a group setting. You get great satisfaction from working as part of a team developing programs and goals that help the individual child and the group. You are a fun, outgoing, hardworking individual that believes in the YMCA Mission and Values. You receive great satisfaction from helping others.
This position is suitable for students (must be 18 years of age), retirees and other individuals that love children and are looking for part-time work. Must be available during the days and hours indicated.
What We Offer: As the Child Care Enhancement Worker you will be able to use your knowledge, experience and creativity to develop meaningful programs and goals that will impact an individual child as well as those within the group. In addition to working with fabulous co-workers you will be part of an organization that gives back to the community.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment
- Develops positive and productive relationships with families
- Fosters the social and emotional development of the whole child.
- Promotes physical and intellectual competence
- Ensures a well- run, purposeful program responsive to the child’s needs
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience working with children with special needs (i.e. developmental, social, physical) is preferred but not necessary.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma is preferred but not necessary.
- Resource Teacher certificate an asset
- Experience and knowledge in Playing to Learn programming an asset
- Familiar with the CCEYA is an asset
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check within the past 90 days
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must submit a completed YMCA Employment / Volunteer Application Form along with resume and cover letter in order to be considered. The Application Form can be found on the Careers page of our website.
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.36 /hour