Reporting to the Supervisor, Production Accounting, the Jr. Production Accountant - Contract will be a key member of the finance and operational accounting team. This role will include monthly and ongoing responsibilities in production accounting and will be expected to liaise with members of the engineering, financial accounting and operational accounting teams.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following areas:
Full Cycle Production Accounting Role
- Submit forecasts in Petrotranz for single and multi-well oil batteries.
- Set up new wells/facilities as they come on production
- Input and balance all information for oil and gas batteries as well as a gas plant from Production Manager, FFV logs, 3rd party Receipt statements and report the results in Petrinex.
- Maintaining auditable spreadsheets of the above in the shared drive.
- Provide Splits to partners and 3rd parties by Industry due dates
- Meet all deadlines for Volumetric and SAF/OAF reporting in Petrinex
- Reporting volumetric and revenue information to the working interest owners
- Reconciling and booking revenue from the various purchasers for both operated and non-operated properties.
- Reviewing and approving 3rd party invoices in AP Nexus
- Coding any Crown Oil variances monthly
- Running Prior Period Adjustments and informing others when a JE needs to be done from PetroNet.
- Save all Receipt statements in shared drive
- Advise 3rd parties of Facility Code changes
- Pull all Audit Compliance reports to ensure that no PA can forget a deadline or not realize that their property is still outstanding.
- File Audit Compliance reports so they are easy for Auditors to pull
- Save all Revenue statements in shared drive
- Sort and file all physical truck tickets for all PA team
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years in Production Accounting – including completion of CAPPA courses – exposure to financial accounting or admin would be considered an asset
- Strong excel skills
- Willingness to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Exposure to Petronet, JVNexus, and Production Manager would be an asset
Job Type: Contract
- Production Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- CAPPA (Required)
- English (Required)