What You Will Do: Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, you will work with the team to ensure that all YMCA child care programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families. The Child Care Educator is responsible for assisting in planning and implementing age appropriate programs and presenting a safe/clean and visually appealing environment in accordance with the Ministry of Education regulations and YMCA Playing to Learn.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Ensure that the YMCA’s “Playing to Learn” curriculum is followed and all standards are exceeded with respect to the quality assurance and guidelines.
Incorporate learning experiences designed to meet the individual needs of the children, using a variety of teaching techniques.
· Establish and maintain positive daily communication with children, families, YMCA staff and community contacts.
· Act as a professional role model for children, volunteers, students and fellow staff members.
· Work together as an integral part of a team that meets the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of all children in the childcare program.
· Participate in all YMCA trainings, meetings and childcare events.
· Provide positive social experiences including sharing, cooperation and role modeling the YMCA core values – Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Inclusiveness.
What you will bring to the position:
· Early Childhood Education Diploma (ECE) an asset
· Member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators an asset
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and requirements
· Knowledge of YMCA Playing to Learn an asset
- Clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
· Current First Aid and CPR Level C
· Up to Date Immunizations
What the YMCA of Central East Ontario has to offer:
· Pension plan is offered to all once staff qualify
· YMCA membership
· Staff discounts for Child Care
· Health, Rx, vision, dental, long term disability, and life insurance for full time, permanent employees
· Employee Assistance Program
· Training and development opportunities
· A rewarding job
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent