Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
About the role
The Application Analyst is on the dime for supporting all aspects of the applications in their portfolio. You will do prod support, workflow development, testing, incident triage and whatever else needs to be done to meet business needs associated with the apps you run.
- Provide application support and ensure that your bank systems work, both on and off normal business hours as needed
- Manage and communicate issues
- Run requirement elicitation sessions, and generate artifacts (storymaps, use cases, process flows)
- Work with internal partners + vendors to triage and resolve issues
- Support application rollout and upgrade initiatives and document as needed
- Follow change control processes soup to nuts
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT and Application Support
- Post-secondary technical or Commerce/Business degree or equivalent experience is required
- Experience administering, debugging, monitoring and tuning applications and web services
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Dynamics 365, developing workflows, process flows, actions and views, customizations, defining users and permissions, configuration and writing scripts
- 2 years working with SharePoint, including site administration and workflows
- Analytics smarts, detail orientation, and sound judgement
- Hands-on problem-solving skills to remove technical issues
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to self-learn and get up to speed quickly on new stuff
- Experience with Atlassian cloud (Confluence and JIRA)
- Knowledge of scripting, programming tools, and software SDLC
- Financial industry experience
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- An open work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, and diverse company culture
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.