FI Financial Analytics NZ
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
We are seeking a candidate to join the Northern Zone Financial Analytics team as a Financial Analyst. Financial Analytics works closely with operational and corporate business units to provide an array of internal financial advisory services and expertise. The successful candidate will perform analytical work to support business decision making and achievement of financial goals for an assigned portfolio of business units. This position will appeal to an individual looking to work in a dynamic, challenging, and team based environment and is an excellent opportunity to learn about the Nova Scotia health care system.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver high quality customer service to Directors, Managers, Physician Leaders, and other stakeholders across NSHA
- Support Senior Leaders in understanding financial results and issues
- Monthly financial forecasting and variance analysis
- Identify opportunities to strengthen, automate, and standardize business processes
- Collaborate with various teams to develop and implement process improvements
- Advise on budgetary and spending decisions to help achieve financial goals
- Conduct analysis to deepen understanding of cost drivers and financial variances
- Perform various month end accounting duties and cost center maintenance
- Contribute to business case development and financial proposals
- Present financial results & analysis
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary business and/or accounting program (Undergraduate degree preferred)
- Enrolment or completion of CPA designation considered an asset
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years' strong financial and accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, sumifs, organizing data sets, etc.)
- Advanced technology skills considered an asset (SAP, SQL, Tableau, VBA, macros)
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- High degree of curiosity with strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills, reliable, autonomous and keen sense of initiative
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Ability to identify trends and developments from financial data and other evidence
- Ability to conceptualize and implement innovative analytical tools, processes, and solutions
- Healthcare experience or knowledge considered an asset
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information**
their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Hours of Work
- Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
- This position is flexible within the zone
$30.6208 - $38.2761 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit - MGMT/NON-Union position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.