The team at Ripple Foundation is looking for a Social Media Content Creator to join their social media team as a Volunteer. This team will create a ripple effect to encourage creativity and education in youth through our programs that will help to shape the leaders of tomorrow. The team will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users that will lead to an increase of followers through our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What does Ripple Foundation do?
Ripple Foundation is a charitable organization that aims to empower the next generation of leaders by fostering creativity and cultivating a passion for reading and writing in youth across Canada. Current programs include:
- Kids Write 4 Kids – An annual writing contest for youth in grades 4-8. The net proceeds from these book sales are donated to the winner’s charity of choice. Since 2012, fifteen young writers have become published authors serving as an inspiration for their peers.
- Write It Workshops – A creative writing program for grades 4-8 that focuses on improving the writing skills of children through fun, interactive activities through which participants are encouraged to find their voice and gain confidence in their choices as a writer.
- Wave Blog – Dedicated to amplifying the voices of young writers through the publication of posts written by youth in grades 8-12. Contributors get to share their experiences and thoughts on topics relevant to their peers. This platform strives to increase the public’s awareness of young authors and their voices.
You can read more about it at ripplefoundation.ca
Interested in joining the Ripple family?
- Develop social media campaigns to enhance our brand and increase our followers
- Build strong online communities with like-minded people
- Work with our editorial calendar and communication strategy to come up with a promotional plan to keep post current and timely
- Manage regular posts and respond to followers
- Monitor social media accounts to provide monthly updates
- A minimum of 3 years of direct work experience in social media management
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms
- Experience in Hootsuite is an asset
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft content for social media spaces
- A keen sense of what type of material is optimal for different types of social media networks
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with an ingrained sense of accountability to volunteer colleagues and the Ripple Foundation
- Ability to multi-task, be self-motivated, determine priorities, and work to deadlines
Estimated Volunteer Hours: 3-5 hours per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)